Amazon is excellent at identifying reviews given in exchange for "a free or discounted product." So accept the fact that any review you write is scrutinized more carefully than a regular review.
This scrutiny raises the risk your review could be removed from Amazon permanently & with no option to re-create it. Your review content plus this disclaimer has been the bare minimum, except we have noticed more and more reviews removed for suspicious things.
One of the most common reasons we see a review deleted (excluding the missing disclaimer) is if Amazon thinks you reviewed the product before getting it. Because Amazon has all the shipping details for your order, they also have an excellent idea when you should get the package. If you review in under two days, you run a significant risk the review will be deleted permanently. If you review it within hours you might as well kiss the review goodbye.
So why should you care?
We know almost all of you reading this understand these, but I'll mention the three main reasons a review has to last:
- You could lose your LootHoot privileges, and if it becomes a habit, we will revoke all deal grabbing.
- Although we can't speak for Amazon, removed reviews will permanently damage your ongoing Amazon reputation.
- Because you agreed to help out the seller who is losing a lot of money giving away product.
So how do I avoid having my review removed by Amazon?
Here are the two ways to prevent this from happening:
- Don't review before arrival!
- Take pictures and include them in your review. Yes, we have seen some of the worst offending reviews last just because of a few images.
So why do images or video help?
Well, it's irrefutable proof you honestly and positively received and reviewed the product.